Saturday 6 September 2008

Thank You, Raymond Chandler

'If you get stuck,' said Raymond Chandler, 'have a man with a gun walk in.

A night's sleep coupled with yesterday's research has shown me the way. My heroine was stuck in the boardroom, staring at her new team, and I had no idea what they were going to say to one another. Talking heads are boring anyway. So, I'm going to send in a man with a gun. In this case, it will be a police and DWP raid on on of the company's building sites. At least 40 of the hundred workforce will prove to be illegal or benefit fraudsters.

But, I've spent too long on computers this week and my eyes are tired, so I'm having today and probably tomorrow off.

This is why I'll never be rich and famous.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the info on Raymond Chandler! Too Shy to Stop writer Peter Ricci just did a piece on Chandler's contributions to crime fiction. You can read the full article here.